Tuesday, September 8, 2015

thoughts for tuesday

There are a lot of different types of people. Have you ever thought of that? And I don't mean color or race or background. There are confident people & people that need constant validation & people that don't like tomatoes & people that love sunshine & people that love the mountains & people that don't ever leave the house without socks & people that always have their phone on their person & people that talk to their sister every day & people that prefer texting over speaking on the phone & people that have to remind themselves to remember what they were told, the type of people that can get online & just ignore certain types of posts that would make other types of people furious. There are so many types of people. People who know when to say yes & people that say yes way too often. People that can give the benefit of the doubt & people that don't. The funny part about this whole adult-ing phenomenon (what is adult-ing, Mollie? don't you know? Peter doesn't know.) is that you start to learn a lot about the type of person you are. The person you're becoming. The person you want to be. I am a passionate person. It's just in my DNA. Something about being a really mutt-like combination of Irish & probably Italian & actor & foodie makes me a passionate emotional all-the-feels human being. I (usually) like that about myself. But, with that comes its disadvantages, though. Despite the fact that I can tend to get pretty fired up about lots of parts of life, I also am the type of person that avoids conflict like the plague. I don't want to get in the middle. I don't want to cause issues. I'm the type of person that would rather err on the side of caution & peace than necessarily stand up for herself or her beliefs or her passions. And that has not always done me well. I bottle up all that energy & it usually explodes onto the poor souls that I've attached myself to in the form of tears, profanity-filled iMessages, the inability to verbalize, and a strong desire to eat bread & cheese. (but actually I want to eat bread & cheese always, so that doesn't really apply here. but yeah it does. nevermind. disregard.) This makes me ridiculously thankful, in turn, for my people, the ones that know me, love me, the type of people that are bottomless (mimosas) in their patience & acceptance. (Ry, Kel, Beth, Kitty, Rachael, here's looking at you.) I'm the type of person that has to take a break from Facebook for a minute or a year because it just gets to be too much. I'm the type of person that wants to be known & understood, and then once I am, I sometimes recoil in fear that I'll be criticized. I've been realizing this about myself in the midst of all this adult-ing navigation, and boy, is that a scary realization. But there it is, there you go. I'm also the type of person that can actually spend a large portion of my Tuesday navigating my anxiety & thinking about self-actualization & trying a new recipe for cold udon noodle soup just for kicks. And that, in & of itself, is a really beautiful thing, ya know? Alright, dude, thanks for reading. I don't even know what this post was about, but there you go. I'm the type of person that writes a hell of a lot about herself on a blog? Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment